Saturday, August 20, 2011

The story of the Nutella cake & my secret stash

Oh yes.. who doesn't LOVE Nutella? I'm pretty sure there are those who are not fans of chocolate yet, they still love Nutella. I now the French love them. They have them in bottles of 5kg weights. Should have just bought at least a bottle when I was there 2 years ago.. And I know my customers love them. Especially, a most recent one.

In my previous post, I had some Stitch cupcakes ordered. The cake was chocolate with nutella in it. Yesterday, she collected a cake. It's for the same birthday boy, her fiance, Hanif. She wanted a design to incorporate a bike. Gilera Duke, to be exact. Here's the cake she ordered.


Since she couldn't pick it up herself, she sent a friend on her behalf. But before the cake was collected, she insisted on me sending her a picture of the cake as she was so excited. When done, she was so happy with it and I can feel it from the words in her text.

The main point of the story is, she had ordered a vanilla cake, with nutella and crushed hazelnut spread in the layer, and chocolate ganache covering. Now, doesn't that sound heavenly to you? Coz it does that to me! When she was liaising with me regarding the cake, it just doesn't strike me how heavenly it would turn out. It only happened when I was spreading the nutella and scattering crushed hazelnuts on it. Ahhhh I feel like biting into it! So I requested a picture of the cut cake from my customer and here it is for everyone's enjoyment..


That made me drool even more. And suddenly I remembered my secret stash. Yes! My secret stash. Stuff I bought that made me want to incorporate into a cake but have not had the courage to. The nutella cake made me search for that stash. Here they are..
 

Now, what shall I make to incorporate them in? Hmmm.. any ideas?

2 comments:

shaffy the BumblingBaker said...

hey, it's me :) love love LOVE your creations!!! hmmm..... you have just opened a can of sweets candies (as opposed to worms, as the saying goes).....

daim: almond-butter cake
toblerone: cheesecake
peanut butter: elvis pies
milky ways: brownies
oreos: cheesecake
werthers: caramel-filled cupcakes, cookies
violet crumble: white chocolate mudcake
snickers/mars: brownies, cookies

just suggestin', y'now ;)

Sheikha said...

Ouh trust you to come up with awesome suggestions.. I want them all! Hahahaha But seriously, your suggestions are drool moments. Would love to try all of them, one at a time, of course.. :D Thanks much!

Post a Comment