Saturday, August 6, 2011

A new beginning, yet again!

I'm back, yet again! Been absent for quite awhile now. Horrible spam and bugs on my previous blog made it almost impossible to continue with it. In the end, I had to give up and start afresh. So this, will be my new home.

I have been very busy as of the last few months. With my sister's wedding 2 months ago, and the preparations prior to that (and a little after, as well), there just was no time at all to blog. Here's a photo of the gorgeous bride wearing the Arabic costume designed by mum.


And here's one of the candy table that I painstakingly had to run around town looking for candies. Oh, and not forgetting bottles (and all other accessories). All bought for the wedding, but part of the future business in mind.. ;)


Things have slowed down a little after that, though. With jumping in full-time into my cake business, there has been a little extra time to reorganize and plan things. Apart from continuing with cake orders, I managed to squeeze in time to experiment on new cake recipes. When baked, I'd cut off a few small slices for home and gave the rest away. How overjoyed, my friends were. And to celebrate it, and promote my cakes, I organized a cake buffet at home. Yes, an All-You-Can-Eat cake buffet on 24th July, 2011. A whole spread of cakes, brownies, pudding and cupcakes.


Clockwise from left : Mango cupcakes, Red Velvet cake, Bread pudding, Strawberry cupcakes, Raspberry & Mango cream cheese brownies, Chocolate brownies, Moist chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream, Blueberry cake, Sour Cream cake with Coffee Buttercream, Raspberry & Mango cream cheese brownies. Served with Mint tea & Ginger coffee. Got myself busy again the week after (30 July 2011) with a wedding showcase organised by The Wedding Essentials. Another whole spread.
 
Very moist chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream,


Vanilla butter cake with Silk Vanilla Buttercream,


Chocolate & Red Velvet cupcakes.



Enjoy the spread and stay tuned for more!

Photo credits:
Sister & candy buffet - Annette Wong Photography
Cake buffet - Evelyn Loa
Cakes & cupcakes - LiveStudios

5 comments:

Anjelita MK said...

Congrats on this blog & the gorgeous Bakin Divaz logo!! Love your cakes ❤❤❤❤❤

Tehzeeb said...

Love your entries, looking fwd for more and hopefully there's some sharing of recipes and baking tips that will benefits us as well!!! :D I will support u till the end!!! way to go babe :)

Anonymous said...

Hello!! I'm new here. hehe. Anw, nice blog :D

Sheikha said...

Thank you, dearies! Insyallah, I've planned to have segments on sharing recipes and tips to come.. :D Thanks for popping by and help spread the love!

Firda said...

Hi there. Is there a wayto contact you. I'd like to enquire abt ur wedding cakes. Do drop me an email at nfiryani@yahoo.com

Post a Comment