Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sponge cakes are almost like..

..sponge! They're extremely soft, light and squeezable (only the cake will not spring back to it's original state, thereafter).

Sponge cakes are one of the lightest cakes I know, apart from Angel Food cake and Chiffon cake. They're yellowish and very fluffy, and my fav of all times. They are best paired with a light frosting, eg., fresh cream or Silk buttercream.

And the best filling to go with it is, of course, my Blueberry filling! What I love to do is after the cake has cooled, I'll slice it into 2 layers. Spread on some fresh cream and drop spoonfuls of my blueberry filling on it (just not right to the edge, as they will spill over and it won't look nice). Stack on the top layer, and cover the whole cake with more cream. Pipe some cream along the edges on top, and slap on more filling in the middle. Voila!


Oh and if you so decide to let it bleed, so be it!

And if you don't like blueberry, you can always substitute for something else.. like Strawberry! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment