Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Garlic & Herbed Prawn Pasta

Wow.. almost a month have passed since the last post? Time sure goes by in a flash.

With orders and preparation for Eid, and then Eid itself plus more orders, there just wasn't time to experiment much.

But today, I had the opportunity to try my hand at cooking, once again! And of course, it's something simple put together to make a fast and easy dish for lunch.

I love seafood and prawns are my fav! Well, actually, most shellfish are my first choices. So it's a no-brainer that I'd try out something with prawns in them..


Don't they just look appetizing?

Well, I don't have a recipe for it. Everything just goes into and tasted to make sure there's enough of every bit. Here's what I put together to make it easier for you. But please add on according to your taste.


Ingredients
3/4 pkt colored spiral pasta
about 20 prawns, deshelled except the tail
4 cloves garlic
3/4 tsp dried basil leaves
1/2 tsp dried mint leaves
1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves
1 tsp Italian seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
olive oil


Method
1) Boil 3/4 pot of water. Add in 3/4 tsp salt and drizzle some olive oil into the boiling water. Boil the pasta.
2) Drain pasta and put aside.
3) Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in large saucepan.
4) Fry garlic. Do not overfry as it will burn the garlic.
5) Add in the dried herbs and salt & pepper.
5) Stir in prawns. As long as they're pink, they're done. Do not overcook.
6) Stir pasta into saucepan.
7) Turn off the heat and remove saucepan from fire. Serve hot!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

annette said...

wow, this looks really good!! I'll surely try one of these days. Love pasta!

Sheikha said...

Yes, do try, please! It is yummy!

Post a Comment